Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 5 in Durham

Today I went back to UNC.

First we picked up my new friend Susanne for lunch.  She sprained her ankle and can't walk very well, so we drove her to the restaurant we went to.  It was fun and tasty.

Then we went back to UNC and I got to wander around the campus a little bit.  I sat in on a class. Everybody gets their own desk and chair.  It was pretty cool.  They have a really neat statues in some of the buildings.  I went to the building where they learn about ancient Greece and took my picture in front of the statue of Athena.

Then we went to the old well on campus.  Every new student at UNC drinks from the fountain for good luck, so I did too!!  Then we went to the art museum and took pictures in front of gargoyle, and with some of the outdoor art.  When we were done, we headed back to the car and drove back to Durham.

Durham is only about 10 miles away from Chapel Hill, so it's super easy to get between the two.  In Durham I got ready to watch some more of the Olympics.  Tomorrow I'm going to see a film festival.  It's supposed to be horror movies so hopefully I don't get too scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment