Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 6 in Durham

My friend Andy invited me to come to a film festival with him today.  It was a horror movie film festival so I was worried that I would be a little scared, but it wasn't too scary.  Before the film festival I got to explore a little bit of Durham.  Their town mascot is bull.  They even have a baseball team named the Durham Bulls.  There was a movie made about them a long time ago, but it's probably still a pretty good movie.

Then I got to have a really tasty popsicle from a place called Locopops.  There are not a lot of chain restaurants in Durham, so most of the stores that they have here are locally owned.  That means that people in the town start businesses nearby.  Locopops is owned by a family in Durham who started making popsicles in fun flavors.  Now they have a bunch of stores in the area.  I had a strawberries and cream Locopop and it was really good.

I waited for Andy in front of the theater and saw that there were some signs for zombie crossings in the area.  I got a little scared that there were real zombies around, but I think it might have just been people dressed up in costumes.  Either way, I think it might be a good idea for me to head home tomorrow.  I don't know if I want to stick around while the zombies are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment