Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 2 in Germany (Part 1)

Did you know that there is a 9 hour time difference between California and Germany.  That means when it is time to go to bed here at 7 at night, it is only 10 in the morning in Upland.

Anyway, today was a lot of fun and I have taken a lot of photos.  For breakfast I had cereal just like at home.  The food here in Germany is not a lot different from the food in the United States.  While my new friend Beth did some homework, I listened to music in her room and wrote my friend Patrick a postcard.

Then we went meet some of her friends for lunch.  A lot of Beth's friends are from other places in Europe.  I met people from Spain, Portugal, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Turkey.  They all speak German though.

A lot of college students in Germany eat lunch at the Cafeteria.  In German it's called the Mensa.  Today they had something called Maultaschen, which is a special food made in this part of Germany.  It was really tasty.  They also had potato salad, a green salad, and zucchini soup.

Beth let me get a Coke with lunch, but it was a Diet Coke and here in Germany it's called Coca-Cola light.  It also came in a glass bottle.  Beth explained that they reuse the bottles, so you have to return them.  If you return them then you get money back.  She let me return the bottle so I could see how the machine worked.

After that we went to get warm drinks and dessert.  A lot of people here like to have coffee and cake in the afternoon.  I drank some hot chocolate and ate half of a muffin, but I was too full so I shared with my new friends.  Then we played some games.

I needed to mail my postcard to Patrick, so we started walking back to Beth's apartment.  She has a post office right across the street.  On the way, we walked through a big park.  I got to play in the snow and climb a tree.  Then we went to the post office so I could mail the postcard.

I got to look inside the toy store that you can see from Beth's window.  It's really big and has a lot of the same toys we have at home.  There was a really cool dragon in the window.

That's all for now, but I'll write more later!!

Flat Stanley

PS.  I took pictures of everything today, so please take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment