Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 4 in Germany (Part 2)

After I took a nap, we started making our going away dinner.  This would be the last time I saw my new friends, so we wanted to have dinner together before leaving.  My friend Beth, who I am staying with, is also from California and since they don't have very good Mexican food in Germany, we decided to have taco/burrito night so that we could introduce our friends to one of our favorite foods.

First we made guacamole.  I helped make that.  We also made refried beans, since it is a little difficult to get those here.  Then we made salsas and prepared the other things for when everyone arrived.  I helped set the table too.  Vera and Idil made Salad and Eduarda made fruit for dessert.\\

Everyone enjoyed the food and we had a nice time listening to music and eating tasty food.  I had a nice time meeting all of my new friends.  They're all so nice and from everyone around the world.  I went to bed to prepare for our trip back to the United States the next day.  I can't believe I get to fly inside the plane instead of in an envelope this time.  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment