Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 3 in Germany

It snowed today!!!!  It was so cool.  When I woke up in the morning it was snowing.  It was also a little cold this morning so I had to wear a scarf out to keep me warm.  I tried to take a video of the snow falling.  I think you can see it better there.

Today my friend Beth had to go to classes, so I came with her.  I got to visit with all of the other students and even met some other people from California.  I also learned a little bit of German in class today.  There are actually a lot of words in German that are similar to English.

In one of her classes they were talking about the environment and recycling in Germany.  They do a lot of recycling in Germany.  They separate paper from cans and bottles, and they even recycle a lot of food so that it can be used as compost in gardens.

On our way back from class today we stopped to have a snowball fight in the park.  It was so much fun, but it was really cold.  I think I need to get a pair of mittens or gloves.  To warm up wen went to dinner with Idil, Vera, and Eduarda.  We went to a Turkish restaurant.  I had what they call a Döner - it's similar to a Greek Gyro and it was very tasty. Idil even ordered our food in Turkish.

From there we went to a sort of birthday party for my friend Elvira. Today was the feast day for her name.  She called it a "name day."  I think it has to do with the feast day for saints.  In Hungary and a lot of other countries, it is like a second birthday.  You get presents and have a party just like on your birthday.  It was a lot of fun, but now I'm tired and need to go to bed.

Tomorrow we're going to have a going away party and Beth and I will make dinner for everyone.  We are leaving on Friday to come back to the United States, and I will get to fly in a plane and visit with people in North Carolina.  I'm so excited.

Talk to you later!!

Flat Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment